DRSC is proud to be part of the The SC Disability Vaccine Network. Which was created to educate individuals in the disability community about the importance of the COVID-19 vaccine, provide help to overcome barriers to getting vaccinated, and to help those who want to get vaccinated to get the shot. Below are some additional resources you may find helpful.
If you are worried about a loved one in a facility you can report your concerns to DRSC [email protected] or 1-866-275-7273 or file a complaint through one of the agencies below:
- SC Department of Health and Environmental Control
- Department of Disabilities and Special Needs
- SC Long Term Care Ombudsmen
- The Federal Trade Commission has issued an alert to consumers to be on the lookout for nursing homes and assisted living facilities that are requiring residents who are on Medicaid to sign their stimulus checks over to the facilities.
- DRSC Report: Monitoring of COVID-19 Policies and Procedures in South Carolina Residential Facilities
- US Department of Education’s COVID-19 Information and Resources for Schools and School Personnel
- COVID-19 and South Carolina Schools
- US Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights (OCR) has a webinar on accessibility for online learning
- College Students with Disabilities, Reasonable Accommodations and COVID-19 Q&A
National and State Resources
- S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control (SCDHEC)
- South Carolina Emergency Management Division (SCEMD)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Administration for Community Living – What do Older Adults and People with Disabilities Need to Know?
- SARTAC Self Advocacy and Beyond: Plain Language Information on COVID-19
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- COVID-19 Economic Impact Payments for Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Beneficiaries
- American Rescue Plan Act and Disability Priorities by the Center for Public Representation