Education & Outreach
DRSC is committed to building relationships with and collaborating with community members across the state. We love to meet new people and spread the word about what we do. Please fill out the Training/Outreach Form to see if we are available to attend your next event or training.
DRSC University is a free online training program we offer to teach people about their disability rights. Multiple new sessions are offered each year and old sessions can be viewed on our YouTube Channel.
Our staff are trained in giving presentations concerning the rights of people with disabilities on a variety of topic areas to include but not limited to:
- Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Assistance Animals (Service and Emotional Support)
- Assistive Technology
- Community Integration
- Disability Rights South Carolina (who we are and what we do)
- Education (including college)
- General Legal Rights of People with Disabilities in SC
- Guardianship/Alternatives to Guardianship
- Pre-Employment/Transition Services
- Representative Payee
- Self-Advocacy Skills
- Social Security
- Transition Services
- Vocational Rehabilitation
If you would like to set up a training please complete our online form.
Not sure where to start? We have a few recommendations.
If you have questions, you’re always welcome to contact us directly. We also have a wealth of information on our site about being a strong self-advocate and knowing your rights.