Since 1977, DRSC has been an non-profit corporation serving people with disabilities. We serve as the Protection and Advocacy System and Client Assistance Program for South Carolina. DRSC is independent of all agencies providing treatment or other services to people with disabilities and our services are free.
We protect and advance the legal, civil, and human rights of people with disabilities in South Carolina
We envision a society where all people, regardless of type or severity of disability:
- Live free from abuse, neglect, and exploitation
- Are empowered through self-determination and self-advocacy
- Have equal access to services such as education, public transportation, and health care
- Are productive members of society in which competitive, integrated employment is the first and preferred option
- Live, learn, work, and play independently in an integrated barrier free community
Read our most recent Annual Report fiscal year 2021-2022
Annual Report fiscal year 2020-2021
About Disability Rights South Carolina
Learn more about Disability Rights South Carolina
Not sure where to start? We have a few recommendations.
If you have questions, you’re always welcome to contact us directly. We also have a wealth of information on our site about being a strong self-advocate and knowing your rights.